Digestive System Web Activity!
1) Read “About the Digestive System.” Why do we digest food in the first place? Explain in your own words. What nutrients are involved?
2) You might already know some of these facts! Name at least 3 organs and a fact about each that you learned from this diagram.
3) What is Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) and what digestive organs does it involve? Describe it in your own words.
4) What is Cystic Fibrosis and what digestive organs does it involve? Describe it in your own words.
5) What is Hepatitis and what digestive organs does it involve? Describe it in your own words.
6) Name and explain 2 things that you were able to visualize more clearly about the digestive system since you went on the guided tour.
7) Slide over the organs to get a closer look! Slide over to the “Biliary Tract” and explain what makes bile and how it gets into the gallbladder.
8) How much saliva do you swallow a day?
9) Acids are measured from 1-10 on a pH scale. 1 is the most acidic. How acidic is the acid in your stomach and what is it strong enough to do?!
10) Which of the three foods stays in your stomach the longest. Why?
11) With which food does the liver have to produce more bile? Why?
12) Drag some foods into the body. Name at least 2 differences between how some of these foods were digested from each other.
13) Now that you’ve learning some facts about your digestive system, do you think that your digestive system is made of mostly voluntary or involuntary muscles? Explain.
14) Where does the gas that is released from your body come from? Explain after you’ve read the facts.
15) What makes your body vomit and what is it made up of?
When you finish the web activity enjoy these quizzes and games….
· http://www.curriculumbits.com/proddetail.php?prod=bio0004 Click on “Click here to preview” Take the quiz!
· Go to: Take the quiz! http://www.kidshealth.org/misc/how_the_body_works/digestive_quiz.html